Sunday, May 3, 2009

Drawing a line in the sand..

Hi everyone, welcome to my comics and general popular culture blog.
After spending the last couple of years ranting and raving on the BRD Yahoo Group (the online of community for New Zealand comic creators, please check it out) it felt like it was about time I established my own personal online home (read: soapbox) to post all my comics related thoughts and musings.
Aside from reviews and essays, I'll also be reporting on the New Zealand Comics community: news, upcoming releases, events and creator interviews.

It's going to take me a few days to get some content up; so in the meantime, here's some of the reference photos that were taken to create the banner art: comics at the beach (..and yes, for bonus geek points: that is a Flash t-shirt).
-AK!




5 comments:

  1. Hey Adrian, thanks for the link. Looking forward to seeing what you put up on your blog!
    Kind regards
    Draw

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Draw!
    I've only just put it together over the weekend and was planning to to an 'official' launch announcement once I had a week's worth of content, so if you stop by at the end of the week I should have some stuff up.

    Oh, and I'm definitely keen to do an interview with you about the Abstract Comics collection when that comes out, so I'll be in touch!

    -AK!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Adrian,

    Cool blog man. I'm adding it to the RSS feed.
    That Wolverine movie sure was terrible...adamantium bullets will erase his memory? What!?
    Looking forward to reading more from you!

    Marc

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cheers Marc.
    Yeah, I went to see it with a long time comics pal and on coming out of the theatre we were like "why do we feel compelled to see it when we know it's going to be a disappointment?". It's some kind of comics related disorder (but at least it wasn't as painful to watch as 'The Spirit'!((shudder!!).

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete